I all honesty I did not know what a Liebster Award is 🙂 I was just happy to receive an award! Kinda like Betty receiving a Blobby!
So, I googled it and found what Sophie has to say about Liebsters. So although the very awesome writers who nominated me have nominated about 10 people, I will stick to the original rules and nominate 3-5. Because I am lazy and this is just an easy way out. There are just SO many great writers out there. Also, since we are all really one large family we are nominating one another multiple times too 🙂 So If I did not nominate you, it does not mean I don’t love you.
But first, the random facts. I am supposed to state 11 of them.
1. I only really love dogs, and not all animals. Hence I am not vegetarian. Harsh, but true.
2. I wish I could read again, as much as I used to during a simpler time.
3. I hate travel. And this is hard, because Karan is in NY and my family in India.
4. When I am extremely exhausted, I giggle.
5. I dislike lack of structure, lack of routine, lack of plan. I dislike disorganization more.
6. Due to number 5, I can be not fun to deal with.
7. I do not care that number 6 is true. 🙂
8. Good Indian music paired with beer or wine will often result in dancing, specially if there are other crazies to dance with. Beware.
9. I hate grammatical errors. There is a difference between there, their and they’re. Also between your and you’re and between its and it’s.
10. I will never text and drive. I will never talk on the phone and drive, even wirelessly.
11. Despite all of the above, I am actually a fun person, I think 🙂 Just a bit of and old soul who finished ‘partying’ in my prior lives.
And Now, the questions ! Ah .. so here is the catch. Since Colby and Rebecca both nominated me, I have two sets to answer 🙂 Here goes:
- Who did you call last? The boyfriend 🙂 I was so sleepy I have no idea what I said!
- What’s your favorite way to be manipulated? (In case I ever need anything, of course.) HMMM.. smart girl!! How about you bring me some baked goodies, more like a bribe ? 🙂
- Can you cross your eyes and/or roll your tongue? Yes. I am smart like that.
- What is the meaning of life? PRESSURE!!! PRESSURE!! FEEL IT!!!! The answer is 42. It is also blowing in the wind, the answer is blowing in the wind.
- Pick your favorite. And figure out what I mean. (What, you thought this would be easy? It takes work to get an award.) I say… Which Bear is Best ?
- How many and of what kind of kids would you ant if you could plan your family? Mostly black, maybe with a white paw or two .. ? Mixed.
- Write your favorite thing backwards. (No points awarded for being a smartass.) : etalocohc
- Post your favorite picture of yourself.
- Post your least favorite picture of yourself. Be brave! No, not the one that you can kind of deal with being on the internet. The one that popped into your head when you read the question… Statement… Whatever. There is no ONE bad one 🙂 But this is one of them. This was my fall of fat. The fall semester where I ate uncontrollably, stopped walking and fell in love with campus buses.
- What’s your favorite candy? Ooh.. Mars bars!
- What’s your favorite recipe? (I need gluten-free and dairy-free ones if you want brownie points) Sorry girl, dairy accounts for about half my red blood cell count! So.. bring out 8oz of cream cheese, a can of chilli (hot and no beans), slice up some jalepenos, sprinkle some red chilli powder. Sprinkle some more if you are Thai or Indian. Conventional Oven: about 10 minutes at 350. Microwave: About 3 minutes on meduim.. or whatever .. before it explodes and looks like the cat threw up. Now, bring those Tortilla chips and dip away.
1. Where is your happy place? My balcony with a cup of Chai, the rain, and my dog 🙂
2. What are you most proud of? Making it through higher education, and having a great job.
3. What is your guilty pleasure? Key Lime cheesecake from Costco. All by myself.
4. Finish this sentence: If I had a million dollars, __I would still work, because idleness makes me crazy, I would have a never ending supply of FANCY cheeses, and my own winery, AND my own rescue :)___
5. What makes you smile? A familiar face in a crowd. Except if it’s someone I don’t like, or an alien (Except the little green ones. They’re on my side.)
6. If you could meet anyone, who would it . be? Agent Micheal Scarn.
7. If you could go back to any age, what would it be? Ooh.. the Flintstone-age!
8. What is your biggest fear? I don’t really have one 🙂 Yep.. I am that secure. Or, I don’t want to tell you incase you decide to use it against me!
9. If you only have one thing to eat, and one thing to drink for the rest of your life, what would you choose? Cheese and Wine.
10. You are stranded on an island. What 3 things do you wish you had? My dog (he is not a thing but I would want him), food, and a boat.
11. What do you hope to do with your blog? Just .. make people smile… or laugh.. or adopt a few dogs.. 🙂
And now for the nominations!
Sam, from A barking mad life : A fellow rescue worker. A girl that has come to be a friend in the last couple of months 🙂 Sam has a good head on her shoulders and a good heart in her rib cage. She can see reason in the midst of chaos and is a problem solver.
Easyweimaraner, for having the cutest,most precious pictures and stories to tell 🙂
Another rescuer, Colby, who has the cutest dog named Ryker. I only just started to get to know her, and she is moving away. I think we’d have made good friends.
Wayward Dogs for all their informational posts and the cute little things they have for sale to benefit animals in need. Kahlua and I bought our first beer paw here, and are about to get a winepaw 🙂
Ofcourse I love all the blogs I follow and so please don’t feel otherwise if you were not nominated.
Now, for the questions! Hey so like I bent all the other rules a little, I’m bending this one too. I’m posting 5 questions that the people I nominated need to answer, not 11.
1. What is the one decision you are happy you made and why ?
2. If the doctor gave you 3 pills to have every half hour, what is the number of minutes that lapse between the first pill and the last pill being taken ?
3. Post your favorite quote or saying.
4. How many Muggle sightings were there when Harry & Ron flew the Ford Anglia to Hogwarts ?
5. How do you ‘distribute’ your love between your permanent dogs and your temporary dogs ? Love is boundless and I know all of you have plenty for all your dogs 🙂 But still, do you feel like in order to train, groom and socialize your fosters, you are giving up time with your own dogs? How do you deal with this ?
For question 5, I actually would love to hear from all of you. Anyone who fosters, or anyone who can just advise me anyway. It’s something I am having a little trouble dealing with at this point.
So please my nominees, if you could reply with a post where you answer these questions and nominate bloggers of your choice, that would be wonderful! Happy Leibster-ing!!